The clock is ticking, and the deck is stacked against you. Why? Because big trucking companies work with big insurance companies. Companies move lightning fast to protect their clients against your claim. They have someone watching their back. Who is watching yours? Let an experienced truck accident attorney handle your case with care, precision, and diligence.
How a Truck Injury Law Firm Can Help You
Being in a truck accident can be scary and overwhelming. Your health and safety are your first priority. Big trucks make for big accidents with potential for big damage. This is why you need an experienced legal team that has what it takes to protect your interests. The stakes are higher than an accident between two passenger vehicles. The details are more complicated. The formula for your compensation is less defined. We can help.
We step in right away to start protecting your rights. We document your case, capture crucial evidence including witnesses, obtain trucking records and police reports as well as accident investigation at the scene. We take great care to confirm your lost wages, so you do not lose one penny. These and more are all important details we handle on your behalf to analyze who is liable and create the most solid case possible.
At the Accident Scene
Evidence is essential to build a rock-solid case. We’ll:
- Investigate at the scene of your accident
- Collect and secure evidence
- Connect with witnesses and secure statements
We’ll compile and keep a mountain of paperwork needed for your case including:
- Acquire police reports
- Get trucking company records
- Get necessary medical records and bills
- Documentation that confirms lost wages
Negotiate on Your Behalf
- Contact and handle the trucking insurance company
- Assure you get benefits from your own insurance company like health and disability
- File an action before the limit for filing your case expires if needed
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement with the trucking company(s)
We move fast. We return your calls. We keep you informed. You best interest is our only priority.
Why You Need a Lawyer for Truck Crashes
It’s simple. Within hours of your crash, trucking companies will have investigators working for them. They will dig hard to document evidence against you. They will do whatever they can to pay you as little as possible. You need a truck accident lawyer who will be just as fast, just as smart and just as vigilant representing you.
You want your case in hands that have a proven track record of successfully representing clients. Bill Green has repeatedly earned 5-star reviews from people who have entrusted his team to get maximum rewards for their truck accident case for two reasons:
We know what to look for…
We protect your rights and pursue justice on your behalf.
- Driver negligence
- Driving speed
- Falsified logbooks
- Ill-trained drivers
- Maintenance and repair issues
- Brake failures
- Overloaded trailers
- Drivers under the influence
These are factors that can contribute to your truck accident and are things that must be taken into consideration for your case.
You’ll be “in the know” at all times… We will answer your questions every step of the way, keep you informed and let you know where you stand in the process.
In the Case of a Fatal Truck Accident…
Passenger vehicles traditionally weigh 2,000-4,000 pounds. A fully loaded 18-wheeler can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Overall, 98 percent of fatalities in truck accidents occur with persons in the passenger vehicle. A serious truck accident may cause paralysis, brain injury, permanent and life-altering impairment and, in some cases, death. In cases of wrongful death, there is a chance you will be up against more than one defendant; the driver, trucking company, shipper and cargo owner may all be involved.
The more serious the accident damage, the more serious the fight for your rightful compensation may be. We are determined to get you the justice that you deserve.
If you have just been in a truck accident and you are currently on the scene, here are the things you must do right away.
- Stay put! Unless you are in an urgent medical state.
- Call 911 for help
- Assess if others at the scene are hurt and in need of medical care
- Document, document, document! Take pictures of the accident scene, your vehicle damage, damage to the other vehicles involved and any injuries sustained.
- Say nothing! Do not admit fault or discuss fault with anyone. Do not talk to any insurance adjusters or investigators who arrive.
- Get medical attention that is offered to you. You are in shock and may not be aware you have sustained injuries.
- Secure an experienced truck accident lawyer immediately!
What to Document at the Accident Scene?
From the moment your accident occurs, you are the best advocate for your case till an attorney has been secured. Right away, do the following:
- Get contact information for every witness you can
- Get contact information for the truck driver and their company
- Insurance information
- A written or verbal description of the accident scene. Talk into the mic on your cell phone to record!
- Photos and videos of the scene. Make sure to capture everything!