Workers Compensation Lawyers in Greenville, SC

Hurt on the job in Greenville SC?

If you or a loved one are the victim of an on the job injury in Greenville, you should consult with an experienced Work Comp Attorney that knows the ropes when it comes to these types of cases. The Green Law Firm has been helping injury victims for over 20 years around South Carolina, and if you have been injured on the job, they can probably help you.

What to do if you’re hurt on the job

If you are hurt on the job, you should immediately notify your supervisor, so they can begin the paperwork, and record the incident. Although South Carolina law gives injured workers 90 days to give notice of an accident to their employer, you’re better off reporting it immediately. The longer you wait to report your on the job injuries, the more likely the chances are that your claim will be denied.

The insurance company can use the fact that you did not report your injury in a timely fashion to cast doubt on your claim. If your injury is the cause of repetitive trauma, and not an accident, you must report your condition within 90 days of suspecting that it was caused by your work, and usually occurs after seeing a medical professional.

What benefits am I entitled to if I can’t work because of a job injury

You are entitled to medical treatment and ongoing benefits to compensate you while you are out of work. While you are recovering, your employer must provide for medical treatment which could lessen the time of disability. Once you have fully exhausted treatment, if you are unable to return to work then you may be entitled to an award of permanent disability based on your injuries. If you can return to work but cannot perform your work duties as before, you may be able to receive compensation based on the injuries.

How do I get the medical treatment I need after receiving an on the job injury?

In South Carolina, employers have the right to direct your medical treatment in your accepted workers’ compensation claim. You can however, get a second opinion, if you feel you are not receiving proper medical treatment or advice. If you’re injured on the job and don’t think the insurance company is providing you with adequate treatment, take steps to ensure that you are not going to end up shorthanded in your compensation. Insurance adjusters main concern is to process your claim fast and cheap. You have to make sure you are receiving the treatment that will get you healthy, and be sure you will be able to provide for yourself and your family just as you did before your accident. If you don’t feel you are receiving the medical treatment you need, call our work comp attorneys, we can advise you on next steps.

What if I can’t make the same amount of money after my work injury?

If a work related accident leaves you without the ability to earn the wages you were earning before the injury, South Carolina law may be able to help you. Many people with good intentions return to work, only to find that their new injuries or disabilities have left them unable to earn the same wages as before the injury. At this point, hiring a workers compensation attorney is advised.

What if I am hurt on the job, but my employer says they don’t have workers compensation insurance?

In South Carolina, companies with four or more employees are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance. If you are the victim of an on the job injury, and notified that the company does not carry workers’ compensation insurance, you may still be able to take action.

If you or a loved one suffered being hurt on the job in Greenville South Carolina, call The Green Law Firm for a free case evaluation.

More Common Case Types in the Greenville, SC. Area: